Tata Docomo leaves one more loophole unnoticed. Now you can browse internet at 3G speed in the cost of 2G pack itself. Follow the below steps carefully. It is so simple and easy. But you should first read it completely including the precautions I have mentioned below.
- Recharge your mobile for the lowest 3G pack available at your place. In my area, it is at Rs.9 for 10Mb. According to regions it will change from Rs.9 to Rs.11 . To find what is the lowest pack in your region, dial *141# and select 3G internet.
- Connect the internet using the access point named TATA.DOCOMO.INTERNET. If you don't have the settings, sms INTERNET to 52270 and save the settings as default.
- Using the default browser of your phone, just load your homepage; for instance www.google.com or something. You will see the page loading in 3G speed since it is connected to 3G or H tower.
- Now the trick begins; With the internet connected, just dial *141# and select the 2G internet recharge packs. Select the most suited one for you. It ranges from Rs.5 (50Mb) to Rs 65 (2.5GB) or even above. Then your gprs plan get changed, but still will be connected to 3G tower itself..!
- If you select Rs.5, then your gprs data remaining will be 50Mb. So, in total for 9+5= Rs.14, you get 50Mb 3G internet. Think if you recharge for Rs.65, then for 9+65= Rs.74, you will get 2.5Gb internet in 3G speed..!!
Now some of the precautions you should take:
- Your account should have enough balance for the two recharges mentioned. For example, if you want 2.5Gb internet, you should have at least Rs.75 balance. If you want 50Mb, you should have a minimum balance of Rs.15.
- If the connection gets cancelled due to any reasons, do not continue, since the tower might get exchanged.
- Don't use this trick if you are travelling since the tower may get exchanged.