Changing of name in facebook is allowed only once, for an account. This chance is just to change your name if it was given wrong at the first time, or your name has changed after starting the account. Facebook has this restriction, in order to make sure that you give the right name. That is, it must adhere to the following authenticity standards:
- Your full first and last name must be listed
- Initials cannot stand in place of your full name.
- Nicknames can be listed if they are a variation of your first or last name, but only in the format "First Name ‘Nickname’ Lastname."
- Your name must be listed using characters from one language only.
- Your name cannot consist of any titles, symbols, numbers, unusual capitalization, or punctuation.
To change your name, do the following:
1. Log into your Facebook account.
2. When logged in click on “Account>>Account Settings” from the menu.
3. Then, you will be directed to Settings Page. Click on edit button next to Name.
Changing your name takes about 24 hours for confirmation and they may or may not approve it.